ProgrammesModule: Dissertation Project (Part 1)
Course Title: Dissertation Project (Part 1)
Course Code: UU-EDU-780-1-ZM
Programme: Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Management - ZM
Throughout the design specification of the MA Programme in Educational Leadership and Management, there was an emphasis on the construction of a coherent learning programme in order for students to achieve success at post-graduate level and develop as autonomous learners. During the Dissertation Project course, students will have to define the parameters and strategies of their investigation and ensure that their work has sufficient academic content and professional relevance to meet the requirements of study at this level. They will be expected to identify a suitable research topic area and submit a desk-based final research project.
At the end of the course students will be expected to:
1) Identify a suitable area and/or issue for research.
2) Produce a protocol for the proposed investigation for scrutiny and monitoring purposes.
3) Use appropriate methods of research.
4) Analyse the findings in relation to specified aims, objectives and criteria for assessment.
5) Present a critical evaluation of their findings
Prerequisites: UU-Msc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-203-ZM, UU-EDU-710-ZM, UU-EDU-720-ZM, UU-EDU-740-ZM, UU-EDU-750-ZM, UU-EDU-760-ZM, UU-EDU-770-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 14.0 Week(s)