Master of Business Administration - Oil, Gas and Energy ManagementProgramme Details
Required Credits/Units: 240
Programme Aims and Objectives
During this course, students will be able to study basic principles within the Oil and Gas sector and acquire significant skills and knowledge in order to become successful managers in the oil and gas sector as well as run key roles within the industry.
The course will enable students to become efficiently equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge in order to advance in international organizations and achieve positive results when operating in executive positions.
Aims of the Programme
The course aims to:
1. Produce skilled executives in Oil and Gas Management and make them familiar with this field of engineering and its markets. Specifically, it covers a wide range of knowledge and skills that are now considered necessary by oil and gas professionals to address current problems of management in the oil and gas sector, both in design and planning and management of oil and gas sites.
2. The program provides expertise and technical skills and enhances the analysis of strategies, measures and actions aimed at developing the oil and gas sector within the broader context of social policy.
3. The program has an interdisciplinary basis, focusing on Management in Oil and Gas Engineering sites and markets to make students well-equipped and skilled to operate in the demanding world of Oil and Gas Management sector.
Objectives of the Programme
1. Provide all the necessary skills to the graduates in order to become successful oil and gas management professionals and be able to function efficiently within the specific industry
2. The programme also enables students to become technically aware of issues regarding oil and gas engineering and enriches their ability to analyse strategies and decisions made when developing oil and gas site units
3. Students will be also able to develop skills in the management of oil and gas sites as well as the administration of such units to function successfully in managerial positions within this sector
The general admission requirements for entry to Unicaf University Zambia Master degree programmes are as outlined below. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of equivalent international academic qualifications accepted.
- Admission to a Master’s degree programme requires an accredited Bachelor degree or international equivalent. Related professional qualifications at the appropriate level will also be considered for entry.
- Students with an accredited Master’s degree will also be considered for entry.
- Recognized proof of English proficiency if the Bachelor degree was not taught in the English language
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
In addition to a strong academic record, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information are taken into account.
|Introduction to Master Degree
Core requirements (required modules)
|Theories of Management
|Business Function and Procedures
|Strategic Leadership and Practice
|Accounting and Economics in Oil and Gas
|The Industry of Oil and Gas
|Energy Management and Policy