Doctorate of Education (EdD)Programme Details
Required Credits/Units: 360
The Doctor of Education programme features a high-level academic study of a range of educational and professional issues, tutored units and a supervised research componentwill enable you to make a contribution to knowledge through unit assignments, and through the dissertation focus on the interplay and relationship between professional practice and scholarship.
The course will enable students to become efficiently equipped with all the necessary skills and knowledge in order to advance in international organizations and achieve positive results when operating in executive positions.
Each Doctoral student must take a number of online modules and also complete a dissertation. Students must defend their dissertation in a "viva voce" (oral) examination which can be completed online. The viva voce examination is an intense and challenging experience, but we offer relevant guidance and support to help our research students prepare for this important milestone.
Aims of the Programme
●Develop a sound understanding of the relevant conceptual and theoretical underpinnings of your chosen area of research into business and management
●Have a detailed understanding of applicable techniques for research and advanced academic and management enquiry
●Create and interpret knowledge through original research. Enhance both your performance as a reflective practitioner and your professional practice
●Develop personal, consultancy and research competences to undertake rigorous research at an advanced level that contributes to theory and practice in business and management
Objectives of the Programme
The EdD is designed for current and emerging leaders who are looking to drive systemic change in their organization. These leaders include individuals who currently hold or are seeking top positions in academic institutions or academic organisations.
Applications for doctorate study are accepted all year round. Students may submit their application by using the Unicaf University online application form and paying the application fee.
The entry requirements for admission to a Doctorate degree programme include:
- An accredited Master’s degree in a relevant subject area. Students may be considered for doctorate study if their degree is in an unrelated field provided, they have relevant professional experience and can prove their ability to work at doctorate level. A wide range of international qualifications may also be considered. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of international academic qualifications accepted.
- Official Master’s degree transcripts
- Recognized proof of English proficiency if previous studies were not taught in the English language. Otherwise, an IELTS score 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.5 in the writing component and no individual component lower than 6.0) is required; or an English Placement Test result with a 6.5 equivalence (provided no score in each individual component is less than 6.0).
- Personal Statement of Statement of Purpose (minimum 500 words)
- Current CV
- Two official letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Research proposal or project outline
- Evidence of ability to undertake independent research
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
All applicants who satisfy the above listed requirements are invited to an interview where a final admission decision will be made.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
Core requirements (required modules)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|UU-EDUD-801-ZM||Educational Research: Philosophy and Practice||30.00|
|UU-EDUD-802-ZM||Managing Teaching and Learning Methods||30.00|
|UU-EDUD-803-ZM||Educational Policy: Theory and Practice||30.00|
|UU-EDUD-804-ZM||Educational Management Leadership and Administration||30.00|
|UU-EDUD-900-1-ZM||EdD Dissertation (Part 1)||60.00|
|UU-EDUD-900-2-ZM||EdD Dissertation (Part 2)||60.00|
|UU-EDUD-900-3-ZM||EdD Dissertation (Part 3)||60.00|
|UU-EDUD-900-4-ZM||EdD Dissertation (Part 4)||60.00|
|UU-EDUD-995-ZM||EdD Doctoral Dissertation Examination||0.00|