ProgrammesModule: Law of Torts
Course Title: Law of Torts
Course Code: UU-LAW-1040-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
The main objectives of the module are to:
- Give students a broad understanding of the Law of Torts.
- Provide to students with a detailed study of key classes of tortuous acts known to the English Common Law.
After completion of the module students will be expected to be able to:
1. Describe the meaning of tort.
2. Distinguish between the law of tort and the law of contract.
3. Explain the rules of duty of care.
4. Recognize actionable civil wrongs.
5. Distinguish various torts.
6. State the remedies for the various tortuous acts.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)