ProgrammesModule: Commercial Law II
Course Title: Commercial Law II
Course Code: UU-LAW-3020-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
This module aims at acquainting students with the legal implications arising out of the most common commercial transactions in the commercial environment.
After completing the module students are expected to be able to:
1. Critically articulate the principles governing agency relationships.
2. Describe the agency authorities.
3. Describe the elements contract of sale.
4. Analyses the remedies of seller and buyer in a contract of sale.
5. Draft the sale agreement.
6. Define negotiable instrument.
7. Identify bills of exchange.
8. State the remedies of holder of a bill.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5, Semester 6
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)