ProgrammesModule: Introduction to Commercial Law I
Course Title: Introduction to Commercial Law I
Course Code: UU-LAW-2070-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
This module aims to:
1. Introduce the main concepts, principles and legal relationships between parties commercial transactions.
2. Introduces the actions that might arise between these parties, the consequences and limits of those actions.
3. Examine the relevance of property and security, as are the effects and consequences of market fluctuations.
4. Introduce relevant legislation to commercial, including interpretation of legislation giving effect to international conventions, and the codification of commercial law around the turn of the twentieth century.
After completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
1. Understand the concepts, main principles and legal relationships between parties in maritime and commercial transactions, covered within the syllabus.
2. Understand the concepts, main principles and legal relationships between parties in commercial transactions, covered within the syllabus;
3. Understand property and security in commercial transactions;
4. Understand the legal consequences of market fluctuations;
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)