ProgrammesModule: Public International Law
Course Title: Public International Law
Course Code: UU-LAW-2050-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
The main objectives of the module are:
- Study and understanding of International Law.
- Acquaint students with various issues, aspects and implications of international law and institutions ranging from war and peace to international institutions and tribunals.
After completion of the module students are expected to be able to:
1. State the origin and legality of international law.
2. Describe main principles in international law.
3. Analyze the scope of international law.
4. Describe the coming into force, operation and termination of treaties.
5. State the nature of United Nations and other International organizations.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0