ProgrammesModule: Family Law
Course Title: Family Law
Course Code: UU-LAW-2040-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
The main objectives of the module are:
- To educate the students about all aspects of the law relating to matrimonial affairs and the adoption and affiliation procedures.
- To give students an in-depth knowledge of the law relating to the administration of estates including intestate succession both at statutory and customary law.
After completion of the module students are expected to be able to:
1. Describe types of marriages.
2. Analyze elements of valid marriages.
3. Critically distinguish types of marriages.
4. Articulate the rights of parties to matrimonial property.
5. State the causes for termination of marriage contracts.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)