ProgrammesModule: International Financial Management
Course Title: International Financial Management
Course Code: UU-FNE-4300-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance - ACCA - ZM
The rationale behind every module is to offer the student all possible knowledge in each module of the course, in order to be able to deepen their understanding and render them capable of practically applying it. International Financial Management goes a step further than Financial Management and introduces students to international finance with exchange rates analysis/forecasting, financial institutions, international trade. Concepts like international capital and money markets and how they work, analytical approaches to country risk analysis and foreign investment strategy and analysis broaden the students’ horizons.
1. Apply techniques to forecast exchange rates.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts of multinational enterprises, foreign investment, and balance of payments effects.
3. Distinguish between international capital and money markets.
4. Analyze foreign investment opportunities and decisions.
5. Discuss and analyze multinational corporate strategies.
6. Explain the importance of international finance in international trade.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5, Semester 6, Semester 7
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)