ProgrammesModule: Statistics I
Course Title: Statistics I
Course Code: UU-MTH-2000-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance - ACCA - ZM
The main objectives of the course are to:
Make students aware of the concept of measures of central tendency and variation.
Make students aware of elementary probability theory.
Cover in detail all aspects of the binomial and the normal random variables and distributions.
Thoroughly discuss estimation and hypothesis testing.
After completing the course students are expected to be able to:
1. Explain the meaning of statistical measures and compute measures of central tendency and variation from data.
2. Solve basic theoretical and empirical probability problems
3. Demonstrate the basic concept of discrete and continuous random variables.
4. Compute Probabilities for the binomial distribution and for the normal distribution.
5. Compute confidence intervals.
6. Execute hypothesis testing on the value of the population mean.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)