ProgrammesModule: Managerial Accounting
Course Title: Managerial Accounting
Course Code: UU-ACG-1002-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance - ZM
The rationale behind every module is to offer the student all possible knowledge in each module of the course, in order to be able to deepen their understanding and render them capable of practically applying it. Managerial Accounting will introduce students to the area and to fundamental c oncepts, methods and techniques needed for high performance, cost analysis, CVP analysis, budget preparation and basic costing. These are basic for any student wishing to follow a professional career.
After completion of the course students are expected to be able to:
1. Critically assess the importance and role of managerial accounting in the business environment.
2. Critically compare and evaluate the nature of costs, their classification and their behavior.
3. Utilize cost behavior for cost estimation
4. Perform a cost-volume-profit analysis
5. Apply profit planning by developing a Master Budget
6. Assess the importance and role of costing
7. Utilize costing systems
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)