ProgrammesModule: Introduction to Algebra
Course Title: Introduction to Algebra
Course Code: UU-MTH-1000-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Business Administration - ZM - BL
The main objectives of the course are to:
Develop the methods for solving linear equations and inequalities in one variable.
Provide students with deep knowledge of linear systems.
Provide students with deep knowledge of polynomials and polynomial equations.
Provide students with deep knowledge of rational expressions.
After completing the course students are expected to be able to:
1. Solve linear equations in one variable and systems of linear equations in two variables.
2. Solve linear inequalities in one variable.
3. Carry out operations involving polynomials, to factor polynomials and to solve polynomial equations.
4. Carry out operations involving rational expressions and to solve rational expression equations.
5. Sketch the graph of a linear equation.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)