ProgrammesModule: Tourism Environmental Management
Course Title: Tourism Environmental Management
Course Code: UU-HRM-4050-ZM
Programme: Bachelor in Hospitality Management - ZM
The main objectives of the course are to:
Enable students to describe and understand the specific features of environmental management in the hospitality and tourism industry;
To evaluate how environmental management systems relate to management as a whole;
To critically assess environmental impact issues related to hospitality and tourism activities.
After completion of the course students should be able to:
1. Identify a number of global environmental problems and explain the principles, theories and application of environmental management in the hospitality & tourism industry.
2. Analyze and evaluate the reasons why environmental management is increasingly important in the hospitality & tourism industry.
3. Recognize and analyze the operational constraints and legal obligations surrounding environmental performance in the hospitality & tourism industry.
4. Interpret environmental theory and critically apply it to real life cases.
5. Communicate and react proactively to the stakeholders in the hospitality & tourism industry in the areas of environmental management.
6. Present ideas to different audiences using appropriate media and use IT as a communication and learning tool.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5, Semester 6, Semester 7
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)