ProgrammesModule: Introduction to Front Office
Course Title: Introduction to Front Office
Course Code: UU-HOM-2020-ZM
Programme: Bachelor in Hospitality Management - ZM
The main objectives of the course are to:
• Provide the ability to analyze and evaluate the guest cycle with the aim of exceeding guest expectations.
• Develop skills in the management and implementation of guest service.
• Develop the ability to evaluate the significance of the hotel revenue cycle in order to optimize revenues.
After completion of the course students are expected to be able to:
1. Describe the critical role of the front office in hotel operations
2. Articulate the responsibilities of a front office manager
3. Discuss daily operations of the front office
4. Identify the traits and skills needed for by front office employees
5. Trace the flow of information
6. Use software’s for front office applications
7. Describe the application of yield management
8. Discuss the role of the front office in security and loss prevention
9. Define hospitality terms and phrases
10. Analyse real-world case studies that relate to the front office
11. Describe the requirements for promotion into front office supervision and management
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)