Performance Management and EvaluationModule Details
Course Title: Performance Management and Evaluation
Course Code: MBA-767-ZM
Programme: MBA Human Resource Management
The course aims to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the importance of effective performance management in a changing and competitive global marketplace. By the end of the course, students should be able to analyze critical success factors and trends in performance management philosophy, use traditional measurement methods and tools to evaluate performance, develop effective performance plans, conduct performance appraisals, and motivate and reward employees. The course aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to implement effective performance management practices in various organizational settings.
At the end of the course students will be expected to:
- Understand the importance of performance management in a changing and competitive global marketplace.
- Analyse critical success factors and trends in performance management philosophy.
- Develop performance plans through goal setting, key performance areas, and key performance indicators.
- Conduct performance appraisal interviews, use performance appraisal rating scales, and determine appropriate rewards.
- Identify motivation factors, recognise individual and team performance, and link rewards to performance.
- Explain Human Resource Development (HRD), the steps to successful HRD, and various training and development methods.
- Understand the grievance and disciplinary procedures and causes of grievance and describe employee counselling and the counselling process, and explain the importance of employee mentoring.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)