Human Resource Management in OrganisationModule Details
Course Title: Human Resource Management in Organisation
Course Code: MBA-766-ZM
Programme: MBA Human Resource Management
In today's rapidly changing business environment, organizations face a range of challenges related to human resource management. These challenges include managing a diverse workforce, developing effective teams, promoting ethical behavior, and managing change. In addition, organizations must comply with complex employment laws and regulations, and protect the health and safety of their employees.
The course is designed to give students a comprehensive understanding of the critical concepts and theories related to human resource management, organizational culture and structure, managing change, ethical and stakeholder issues, and employment relations. The course is based on recognising that effective human resource management is essential for any organisation's success, aiming to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in contemporary organizations and positively contribute to business and management.
At the end of the course students will be expected to:
- Describe HR practitioners' fundamental roles and activities, and explain the importance of strategic human resource management in contemporary organizations.
- Critically evaluate the impact of organisational culture on employee behaviour and performance.
- Analyse contemporary business's demographic, social, and technological trends, and describe how organisations can manage a diverse workforce.
- Evaluate employee personality and behaviour, and analyse the team development process and the factors contributing to team effectiveness.
- Critically examine contemporary issues in leading teams at work.
- Develop strategies for overcoming resistance to change, and analyse different models for managing organisational change.
- Critically appraise the emergence of employment relations and the development of employment law and social protection of employees.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)