Project Procurement & Contract ManagementModule Details
Course Title: Project Procurement & Contract Management
Course Code: MBA-722-ZM
Programme: MBA Project Management
The main objectives of the course are to enable students to understand the various components of the project procurement and contract management processes. The course will equip students with all the necessary skills to plan, design and manage effective and efficient project procurement and contract management processes. The course will also provide students with ability to evaluate and manage legal, financial and technical components of project procurement contracts on a higher-level. It will enable students to develop the knowledge, skills and techniques to effectively select, monitor and manage the performance of suppliers. Furthermore, this course will provide students the knowledge and skills needed to manage procurement risks, and execute the various tasks necessary to close out a project procurement contract. Lastly, it will highlight the ethical and social responsibility issues associated with global procurement.
At the end of the course students will be expected to:
- Describe the key elements of the Project procurement and contract management process.
- Demonstrate various skills needed to plan, design and manage effective and efficient project procurement processes.
- Apply various techniques needed to ensure effective management of procurement contracts and purchase orders.
- Apply contract management techniques used to reduce potential risks, disputes and claims related to procurement orders or contracts.
- Articulate various ethical and social responsibility issues associated with global procurement.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)