Communication for BusinessModule Details
Course Title: Communication for Business
Course Code: UU-BBA-2000-ZM
The main objective of the course is to:
help students develop skills necessary to work within a business-orientated context
facilitate students’ develop of business communication skills in the areas of business correspondence (i.e. letter format, open punctuation, notes, memoranda, emails, tone, writing and public speaking) and key business terminology and concepts.
After completion of this Business English course students are expected to be able to:
1. Write a variety of fully-blocked letters that use open punctuation and the four-point plan.
2. Create a range of buy/sell documents with their corresponding cover letters
3. Produce professional emails that use netiquette
4. Write different kinds of letters of application and CVs, testimonials
5. Create business memos, meeting documentation, itineraries, and a wide collection of publicity materials
6. Confidently describe data
7. Prepare and give a business presentation
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)