Law for BusinessModule Details
Course Title: Law for Business
Course Code: UU-BBA-2010-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Business Administration - ZM
This course will enable the student to understand the evolution of law and the judicial system as well as contract law. Case studies will allow the student to apply the principles to everyday situations as well as the business environment.
After completion of the course students are expected to be
1. Describe the basis of law in the business environment.
2. Appraise the role of government institutions in the regulation of business.
3. Comprehend the fundamental difference between public and private law.
4. Describe the different methods by which legal relations can be established contractually.
5. Evaluate the circumstances in which a contract may be breached and the remedies available.
6. Comprehend how a company may be established.
7. Assess the different types of company and the basis for/nature of liability.
8. Assess why law is important.
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)