Theories of ManagementModule Details
Course Title: Theories of Management
Course Code: UU-MBA-712-ZM
Programme: Master of Business Administration
Background and Rationale
The main objectives of the course are to provide the students with a comprehensive understanding of the main concepts and issues that affect modern management and how the aforementioned concepts and issues can contribute towards the attainment of the organisation’s short- and long-term goals and objectives.The strategy is an organisational management activity used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assess and adjust the organisation’s direction in response to a changing environment.
At the end of the course students will be expected to:
1) Assess the processes of modern management.
2) Analyse the factors that affect modern managers as persons.
3) Explain the issues that affect modern management in the global environment.
4) Analyse the factors and processes that affect the efficiency and effectiveness of an organisation.
5) Discuss the reasons behind the organisational change, resistance to change and how to change it can best be implemented.
6) Identify the characteristics that modern managers and leaders have and explain how these can contribute towards effective team management.
7) Evaluate the importance of the human resource factor in an organisation and how effective communication can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation and help it attain its goals and objectives.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)