Financial Management for ManagersModule Details
Course Title: Financial Management for Managers
Course Code: UU-MBA-710-ZM
Background and Rationale
The aim of this course is to understand the issues and techniques of strategic financial management from both an internal and external stakeholder viewpoint. It will also provide students with an overview of the main finance principles and demonstrate the use of finance tools and techniques to address practical issues and manage effectively the long-term capital of an organisation.
At the end of the course students will be expected to:
1) Apply techniques of strategic financial management.
2) Analyse the significance and the role of Finance.
3) Analyse the financial statements’ information.
4) Explain the main valuation concepts and techniques.
5) Apply basic principles of Risk and Return.
6) Apply knowledge gained on Capital Structure Analysis and use key Management Techniques in their workplace.
7) Facilitate critical review upon setting financial strategic management decisions.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)