ProgrammesModule: Intellectual Property Law
Course Title: Intellectual Property Law
Course Code: UU-LAW-4075-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
These modules aim to provide students with a thorough understanding of the law of and relevant
policy debate on copyrights, passing off, trademarks, breach of confidence and patent law,
at both national and international levels.
After completion of the module students should be able to:
1. Understand the main principles governing copyrights under intellectual property law.
2. Understand the main principles of law in relation to trademarks.
3. Understand the main principles of law in relation to the law of confidential information,
including personal privacy and in relation to patent law.
4. Expose students to the National, Regional and International Institutions governing the
Intellectual property law.
5. Expose students in applying their knowledge of Intellectual
Property Law inside the framework of the legal system of Zambia.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5, Semester 6, Semester 7
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)