ProgrammesModule: Constitutional Law
Course Title: Constitutional Law
Course Code: UU-LAW-4001-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
The main objectives of the module are to:
1. Familiarize students with the principles of constitutional law.
2. Introduce to students the main features of the Constitution.
3. Acquaint to students various forms and functions of public law in a changing society.
4. Provide to students the essence of the executive action and the relation of law with it.
After completion of the module students are expected to be able to:
1. Interpret the provisions of the Constitution.
2. Describe constitutionalism.
3. State the nature of the constitution.
4. Apply the provisions of the Constitution in statutory interpretation.
5. Explain the role of the courts in the review of the exercise of executive discretion.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5, Semester 6
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)