ProgrammesModule: Wills and Succession
Course Title: Wills and Succession
Course Code: UU-LAW-3050-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
The main objectives of the module are to:
- Equip the students with the statutory and customary principles and requirements of inheritance and succession.
- Pride in depth knowledge to students in drafting a will and advising on matters of succession
After completion of the module students will be expected to be able to:
1. Describe the elements of a valid will.
2. Analyze the principles and procedures governing the grant of the letters of administration.
3. State the methods of revocation of grants.
4. Discuss the effects of joint and common property ownership.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)