Course Title: Jurisprudence
Course Code: UU-LAW-3040-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
This module aims at introducing students to the philosophy of law through the critical study of the history of legal theory and key schools of legal thought.
After completion of the module students will be expected to be able to:
1. Describe the nature of law.
2. Relate theory of law to applied law.
3. Distinguish substantive law and natural law.
4. Describe the main themes in legal philosophies.
5. Critically articulate the nature of ethics and morality.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4
Typical Module duration: 4.0