ProgrammesModule: Land Law
Course Title: Land Law
Course Code: UU-LAW-2020-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
- The main objectives of the module are to:
- Acquaint students with the history of Land Law and its relevance to economic development.
- Provide knowledge to all the aspects of the law relating to land rights in respect of both private and public land, including land sales, leases, settlements, co-ownership, licences, easements, covenants, mortgages and the Customary Law land tenure system.
- Equip students with knowledge and skills to enable them to advise and handle all aspects of contractual arrangements and transactions pertaining to land and its use.
After completion of the module students are expected to be able to:
1. Interpret the land laws.
2. State the types of land ownerships.
3. Critically distinguish between types of land ownerships.
4. Describe rights and ownerships of land and draft contracts pertaining to land and its use.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)