ProgrammesModule: Law of Contract
Course Title: Law of Contract
Course Code: UU-LAW-2030-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
The main objectives of the module are to:
1. Provide students a broad and in-depth knowledge of the law of contract by covering all aspects of the subject.
2. The successful preparation of students with an in-depth knowledge of the law of contract in order to enable them to give advice to contracting parties.
After completion of the module students are expected to be able to:
1. Define a contract.
2. Critically describe the element of a valid contract.
3. Distinguish between an offer and invitation to treat.
4. Identify vitiating factor of a contract.
5. Draft contracts.
6. Interpret terms of contracts.
7. Advise on contractual rights and obligations.
8. Describe ways of contractual discharge.
9. State remedies for breach of contract.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)