ProgrammesModule: Legal Systems and Methods
Course Title: Legal Systems and Methods
Course Code: UU-LAW-1010-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - ZM
Background and Rationale
The main objectives of the module are to:
1. Introduce and explain the basic legal structures.
2. Introduce and explain the functioning of the legal institutions.
3. Expose students to the legal concepts and techniques.
4. Expose students with the background knowledge and skills they need throughout their law studies and career.
After completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
1. Explain the legal structures.
2. Understand the procedures through the legal institutions and explain their functions.
3. Understand the legal concepts and techniques of the legal system.
4. Describe the hierarchy of the legal institutions.
5. Present structural background knowledge on the legal system.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 4.0