ProgrammesModule: School Organisation Management
Course Title: School Organisation Management
Course Code: UU-EDU-750-ZM
Programme: Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Management - ZM
Background and Rationale
This course is to provide an overview of key ideas and issues connected with management practice in educational organizations in varied context. The course offers an introduction to the advanced study of educational management.
The purposes of this course are to prepare students to understand and apply school improvement strategies and enhance students’ capacity for:
• understanding the nature and the characteristics of organizational and school change.
• describing the factors that force school to promote changes.
• identifying the main dimensions of change at the individual level and at the school level.
• understanding the concept, the role and the main characteristics of school improvement.
• comparing the school improvement approach to school effectiveness approach.
• assessing the applicability of the school improvement approach through the examination of school improvement programs
• developing various plans for school improvement based on different theoretical models.
• linking the role of school leadership in school improvement.
Prerequisites: UU-Msc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-203-ZM, UU-EDU-710-ZM, UU-EDU-720-ZM, UU-EDU-740-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)