ProgrammesModule: ICT in Education
Course Title: ICT in Education
Course Code: UU-EDU-733-ZM
Programme: Masters in Education - ZM
A key focus of this module is to promote understanding of the interrelation between pedagogy, technology and education. Students who take this module will work towards an assignment that demonstrates critical
understanding of this interrelationship using an appropriate and professionally relevant educational setting to exemplify the theoretical and practical issues arising from the implementation of technology for learning.
This approach often requires teachers to understand policies so they can design lesson plans to implement national policies and address high-priority problems. Thus, the students must have an in-depth knowledge of national
policies and social priorities, and be able to design, modify, and implement classroom practices that support these policies. The module aims to provide both a theoretical framework for understanding ICT, drawing on research evidence and scholarly dissertations, and a methodological framework.
On completion of the module the student will:
1) communicate clearly in written, spoken or audio-visual form the key concepts explored in the module
2) have a detailed critical understanding of alternative theoretical perspectives on the application of ICT to teaching and learning;
3) be able to analyse data and situations pertaining to the knowledge domain;
4) synthesise relevant ideas and information arising from other sources and be able to provide an informed response;
5) critically reflect on own experience in the domain and provide discussion about how theoretical perspectives may affect practice;
6) demonstrate autonomy in study and use of resources, making critical and professional use of others in support of self-directed learning;
7) explain how to design an appropriate ICT-focussed project that can generate insights into the role and application f ICT in learning and teaching.
Prerequisites: UU-EDU-732-ZM, UU-EDU-734-ZM, UU-Msc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-203-ZM
Typical Module duration: 10.0 Week(s)