ProgrammesModule: Organizational Leadership
Course Title: Organizational Leadership
Course Code: UU-MAN-3000-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Business Administration - ZM - BL
The main objectives of the course are to:
1. Make students aware of the nature of the interplay between leadership and management.
2. Discuss the various forms and styles of socially responsible leadership.
3. Provide the students with in-depth knowledge on the required skills and competences in leadership.
4. Cover tools for self-assessment and personal development.
After completion of the course students are expected to be able to:
1. Apply socially responsible leadership
2. Differentiate between and integrate leadership and management perspectives
3. Assess a variety of leadership forms and styles and communicating effectively – ‘wearing different hats’
4. Apply creativity
5. Analyse management of change situations and apply management of change concepts to managerial practice
6. Analyse symptoms of potential conflict and stress and apply methods to overcome them
7. Develop a personal career plan
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)