ProgrammesModule: Human Resources
Course Title: Human Resources
Course Code: UU-MAN-4000-ZM
Programme: Bachelor of Business Administration - ZM - BL
The main objectives of the course are to facilitate:
Collection and analysis of data for the purpose of resolving issues directly related to human resource management;
Development of intrapersonal and interpersonalskills;
Confidence when interacting with others in a number of organizationalsettings;
Communication, both orally and in writing;
Problem – solving;
Effective use of resources in order to ‘learn how to learn.’
After completion of the course students should be able to:
1. Develop strategic recruitment/selection policies and practices.
2. Perform an effective job analysis.
3. Prepare a job description.
4. Prepare a job specification.
5. Develop effective job design processes and procedures.
6. Prepare and perform effective selection interviews.
7. Perform a training needs analysis.
8. Develop and implement effective training programmes.
9. Evaluate jobs in order to determine salary/wage scales.
10. Develop and implement effective disciplinary processes and procedures.
11. Utilize employee associationsfor better businessresults.
12. Manage employer/employee negotiationsso asto avoid conflict situationsin the workplace.
13. Analyse health and safety issues in the workplace for better employeeperformance.
14. Evaluate the legal environment and its impact on the workplace.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)