ProgrammesModule: Quality Management in Services
Course Title: Quality Management in Services
Course Code: UU-HRM-4000-ZM
Programme: Bachelor in Hospitality Management - ZM
The main objectives of the course are to:
Analyze human needs and expectations in the achievement of satisfaction.
Deal with complaints, remedies and prevention.
Articulate the characteristics of service and a gap analysis between expectations and satisfaction.
Evaluate a quality analysis, its implementation and consequences.
Merge service and quality in order to achieve an effective application of service quality.
Develop and control effective employee performance towards quality service.
Analyze of ISO/BS standards of quality.
After completion of the course students should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the modern concepts and theories of quality management.
2. Identify the factors that contribute to the continuous quality improvement process.
3. Explore the concepts of Quality management and its application to the Hospitality and Tourism sector.
4. Appraise the various evaluation frameworks that exist.
5. Demonstrate the relationships between quality management and human resource management.
6. Recognize the role and significance of TQM with a strategic management context.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5, Semester 6
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)