ProgrammesModule: Conferences Management and Exhibitions
Course Title: Conferences Management and Exhibitions
Course Code: UU-HRM-3040-ZM
Programme: Bachelor in Hospitality Management - ZM
The main objectives of the course are to:
Understand the Five Stages of M.I.C.E Management: Research, Design, Planning, Coordination, and Evaluation.
Learn the concepts of communication and synergy, and how they apply to M.I.C.E Design.
Learn how to conduct an M.I.C.E site inspection.
Understand budgeting, pricing, and accounting as they relate to M.I.C.E Design.
Understand the various types of special M.I.C.E, and the requirements for each.
Submit a complete Conference Design Project, in which the student applies his or her knowledge of M.I.C.E Management and Design to a professional-level M.I.C.E Design Plan.
After completion of the course students will be expected to be able to:
1. Explain the role of convention centers in the meetings and convention industry
2. Describe the economic impact of the meetings and conference industry
3. Identify the factors that influence the growth of the meetings and conference industry
4. Identify types of associations and the meetings they hold
5. Distinguish between three types of association membership and summarize the typical communication channels within an association
6. Identify the industry’s miscellaneous markets and describe concerns involved in servicing those markets.
7. Describe the meeting planner’s overall role within the industry
8. Define the marketing concept as it applies to the meetings and conferences industry
9. Recognize the importance and responsibilities of the sales/marketing department
10. Explain the importance of positive communication with the customers
11. Describe elements associated with providing guestrooms, function rooms and other related services for meetings
12. Identify methods of simplifying F&B services for the meetings and convention industry
13. Recognize the importance of technology to the meetings and convention industry
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)