ProgrammesModule: Business Communication
Course Title: Business Communication
Course Code: UU-BBA-2007-ZM
Programme: Bachelor in Hospitality Management - ZM
The main objectives of the course are to develop:
1. Appropriate levels of oral and written communication in English
2. General knowledge of all grammaticalstructures
3. Basic and general knowledge of the paragraph
4. Intercultural competence
5. Ability to work autonomously/independently
6. Ability to work collaboratively
7. Ethical commitment
Upon completion of the course students are at the end of B1 (Threshold level).
Upon completion of the course students are expected to:
1. Exercise listening skillsthrough dialogues, announcements, instructions and discussions.
2. Communicate using the full range of tenses in contexts both familiar and non-familiar.
3. Exercise reading skillssuch as vocabulary in context, word structure, prefixes and suffixes,scanning, skimming, identifying main ideas etc.
4. Demonstrate the use of the structure and purpose of the paragraph in writing.
5. Apply practiced reading strategies and produce summary, narrative and descriptive writing at the paragraph level.
Prerequisites: UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)