Current Issues in ResearchModule Details
Course Title: Current Issues in Research
Course Code: UU-DOC-803-ZM
Programme: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Business- ZM
Module Description (Overview, Aim, Additional Information)
This module is intended to develop a knowledge and critical awareness of the broad range of issues associated in research, from both; quantitative and qualitative perspective. In addition, this course includes a range of topics that examine the current issues or debates in research such as bias in sampling, the decision for a triangulation, ensuring ethical approach to research, annotated bibliographies, research gaps etc.
The aims of this module is to give students insight and knowledge, from a wide range of contemporary issues that are related with the research process. Furthermore, it aims to develop students’ ability to engage with and respond effectively to certain decisions while confronting research issues and challenges.
1. demonstrate an awareness of issues currently being associated in research process
2. demonstrate the ability to understand and evaluate the methodologies employed within these research projects
3. evaluate methodology within the context of management studies
4. demonstrate the ability to critique research, evaluate arguments and assess research presentations
5. demonstrate the ability to evaluate research, and communicate this analysis effectively
6. demonstrate independent/self-directed learning skills, including time management and working to deadlines
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 8.0 Week(s)