Leadership Module Details
Course Title: Leadership
Course Code: UU-DOC-804-ZM
Module Description (Overview, Aim, Additional Information)
The leadership module encompasses a range of information related to leading, guiding, and influencing individuals or a group of people towards the achievement of a common goal. This module includes a summary of theoretical frameworks’ assessment of how leaders evolved during the years around business organizations, societal influences, and strategic decision-makings.
1. Reconcile different theories and models surrounding the philosophy of Leadership.
2. Recognize and critically analyse the qualities that shape leaders’ approach in organizations.
3. Research and Critique Leadership Qualities of different CEOs.
4. Critically assess the leadership styles and possible effects on human behaviour of others. Explore dimensions around leadership known as: trustworthiness and ethical stewardship. Assess the role of Information and Technology in the modern Leadership.
5. Critically assess the role of Transformational leadership towards effective adoption of organizational change
By the end of the module it is expected that you will be able to:
1. Apply theoretical conceptualization of leadership models to organizations
2. Comprehend and apply different practices for leading, guiding, and influencing individuals or a group of people for a common goal
3. Apply Information and Technology for supporting leadership' practices
4. Develop team working skills through the completion of discussion forums of peers on a common week' activity
5. Develop effective leadership strategies for appropriate decision making followed by the critical literature assessment of motivation in organizations
6. Develop a better conceptualization of the evolution of Leadership in the 21st century
7. Enhance a better understanding of the theoretical application of Transactional and Transformational Leadership
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 8.0 Week(s)