Final Year ProjectModule Details
Course Title: Final Year Project
Course Code: UU-ACG-4025-ZM
The rationale behind every module is to offer the student all possible knowledge in each module of the course, in order to be able to deepen their understanding and render them capable of practically applying it. The Final Year Project allows the application of the knowledge that has been acquired during the students’ Accounting and Finance studies to a specific management and technological issue. It provides an opportunity to students to study a topic that is of interest and related to them, in detail and thoroughly. This exposes students to the principles and process of academic enquiry and IT business research and enables them to demonstrate their ability to think conceptually, as well as communicate structured and rational thinking.
After completion of the Project students are expected to be able to:
1. Develop a comprehensive and critical understanding of the body of knowledge within the chosen Project topic.
2. Gain an understanding of the practical application of business and IT research.
3. Critically analyse information and evidence from both academic and practitioner sources.
4. Evaluate and argue alternative approaches to theories and models from their use of applied research.
5. Identify and appraise options and make practical recommendations for action and implementation.
6. Self-manage their own time and prioritize activities.
7. Work autonomously, exercising initiative and personal responsibility for the achievement of their stated objectives.
Prerequisites: UU-ACG-1000-ZM, UU-ACG-1001-ZM, UU-BBA-2000-ZM, UU-MAN-2010-ZM, UU-MTH-2000-ZM, UU-COM-1000-ZM, UU-PSY-1000-ZM, UU-COM-3010-ZM, UU-BBA-4020-ZM, UU-MTH-1005-ZM, UU-ECO-2000-ZM, UU-FNE-2660-ZM, UU-ACG-2310-ZM, UU-ACG-4120-ZM, UU-ECO-2001-ZM, UU-BBA-2001-ZM, UU-ACG-4370-ZM, UU-ACG-1002-ZM, UU-ACG-2010-ZM, UU-BBA-3012-ZM, UU-ACG-4210-ZM, UU-ACG-3100-ZM, UU-ACG-3150-ZM, UU-BBA-1000-ZM, UU-ACG-3120-ZM, UU-ACG-3300-ZM, UU-ACG-3600-ZM, UU-SOC-1000-ZM, UU-ACG-4130-ZM, UU-ACG-4200-ZM, UU-ACG-4160-ZM, UU-FNE-4100-ZM, UU-FNE-4300-ZM, UU-FNE-4400-ZM, UU-MKT-2000-ZM, UU-BBA-4010-ZM, UU-ACG-4500-ZM, UU-ACG-4700-ZM, UU-ACG-4600-ZM, UU-Bsc-IND100-ZM, UU-FNT-103-ZM
Prerequisites Categories: Semester 1, Semester 2, Semester 3, Semester 4, Semester 5, Semester 6, Semester 7
Typical Module duration: 4.0 Week(s)